Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Before and After

This could be the title for almost all of my personal projects. After a great find, I'm usually so excited to get started that I often skip right past the "before" photos. Usually the story behind why the item is in bad shape or has such a tacky finish is the best part, so from now on I am going to try to keep better documentation of the transformation... maybe the blog posts will help.

This was an example from a little while back. A small arbor for a beach wedding was needed and I was hit by inspiration while driving by an old picnic table curbside. It was in rough shape and also had the benches piled nearby, so I knew that I could make something work to achieve the "rustic" look the couple wanted.

The gorgeous floral design was by my friend Annie, who owned A New Leaf Studio in Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment