Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Say Yes Today

Wednesday are a day to wonder.
Don't you wonder how those people were 
daring enough to do it? 
You know, the ones you hear the stories about... The people who dared to quit their job and followed their passion into a new career. Now they seem to have cool projects, interesting clients, and freedom from bosses.

You wonder how they said YES. 
Michael West of Nashville, Tennesse is one of those people. Following his creative passion lead him to commissions for clients like Ronnie Dunn and Taylor Swift.

Featured in Etsy's "Quit your Day Job" series
Michael West... I love industrial metal objects, letters, light fixtures, furniture, anything unique and from the machine age. They are becoming harder to find so I thought I would make my own. It all started while I was searching for a metal hotel arrow that I wanted to have in my shop — when I couldn’t find one I decided to make my own.
I enjoy creating new pieces and re-purposing even more. Making an object into something people will use and start a conversation about can be addicting. In fact it’s hard to sleep sometimes when I have an idea for a new project. I also love it when a customer inspires me with an idea they have for their home or business.


His advice on making the leap... Think outside the box and find your niche. Finding your passion is easier said than done and sometimes life will get in the way of that. Listen to yourself.
The most exciting thing that has come out of selling through Etsy... I sold a cowboy light fixture to Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn and got to go out to his place. Taylor Swift wants “SING” from me and I sold an arrow to Etsy which they used in one of their events. I sell to people all over the country and world and getting to meet new people is really the best part of it all. Making new relationships has been uplifting. With nice comments comes revitalization and the drive to keep on going.Find the complete interview HERE and visit his shop West Vintage Trading Company
Take one step today in saying YES to yourself





No comments:

Post a Comment